Virginia Tech has adopted a new survey data collection platform, QuestionPro.
Beginning June 1, 2022, the funding model for Qualtrics will change and departments and individuals who wish to continue using Qualtrics will need to purchase a departmental or individual license. Without a license in place, existing Qualtrics data will be lost.
To access QuestionPro, go to https://virginiatech.questionpro.com
To assist new users of QuestionPro (and those who want to move from Qualtrics), the University Libraries has developed a new self-paced online training module for QuestionPro that you can access at no cost through the Professional Development Network (and faculty can earn 6 PDN credits). If you are unable to register through the PDN, please register through the library calendar.
The module covers the basics of survey design, data collection and analysis, and moving from Qualtrics. In addition to the online training, participants will have the chance to ask questions of our experts in online office hours throughout the semester.
The module asks you to create or import a survey into QuestionPro, with feedback and consultation available from our Social Science Data Consultant and certified QuestionPro Research Pro, Nathaniel Porter. Our goal is to equip researchers and learners to implement QuestionPro surveys effectively for their own projects, whatever they may be.
In addition to support at their websites, other support options for QuestionPro and Qualtrics questions include:
- Live and recorded webinars from QuestionPro (click more on QuestionPro here)
- Online 1:1 consultations (schedule here by choosing "Survey Design")
- Email requests sent to email@example.com (VT Libraries support) or firstname.lastname@example.org (24-hour email support)
- SAIG statistics consultations (for power or statistical questions)
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES / INFORMATION:
- Information and FAQs for RESEARCHERS transitioning from Qualtrics to QuestionPro
- Review the University Research Edition QuestionPro license information. (This is the license purchased by Virginia Tech)
- Virginia Tech ITPals QuestionPro page
- All Training Resources: https://www.questionpro.com/training/
- On-Demand Survey and Data Intelligence Webinars: https://www.questionpro.com/webinar/
- QuestionPro Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYCqVYJEl5wAlXDVky-Wn2A
- Training is available to users: https://www.questionpro.com/help/?dc=www
- Get Help: https://www.questionpro.com/help/contact-us.html
EXPORTING QUALTRICS SURVEYS AND IMPORTING INTO QuestionPro:
You can export your Qualtrics surveys and data and import them into QuestionPro. In most cases this will be a smooth transition, but with complex logic and extensive surveys, you may run into situations where some recoding is necessary. Unfortunately, if you have many Qualtrics surveys, there is not a feature that allows your to export the data of multiple surveys at once. This means you have to visit each survey individually.