The FBRI offers and supports many common tools for research. The list below outlines tools offered and supported through FBRI and Virginia Tech IT. Check back often for new additions!
NOTE: If you don't see what you need listed here, just ask! We may have a solution for you and, if not, we will help you find one!
- Adobe (Provided By FBRI Upon Request)
- Creative Cloud for Teams
- Acrobat Pro
- ESRI University-Wide Site License
- GRAHL PDF Annotator
- SPSS Statistics
- Wolfram Alpha Pro (Web-Based)
- Wolfram Mathematica
MatLab (Provided By FBRI Upon Request)
- Concurrent License
- Standalone License (for offline computers)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Installed On All FBRI Machines)
- Prism GraphPad
- Citation Management Packages (i.e. EndNote)
CONFERENCING AND COLLABORATING:
GENERAL RESEARCH TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES:
- IT Resources Overview: Visit this article to view a high-level list of the Research Technology and Computing Resources offered by the FBRI.
SURVEYS and DATA COLLECTION:
- High Performance Computing (HPC / Clusters)
- Virtual Machine Environment (VME)
Secure Research Environment (SRE) for Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) Projects (Virginia Tech hosted)
- Dedicated Server(s)
- Connecting to HPC and Data Processing Environments
- X Forwarding via SSH
- Terminal shell access
DATA SHARING / CLOUD:
- Google Suite: Virginia Tech has a Business Associate Agreement with Google and provides the Google Suite, including unlimited storage in Google Drive, for all faculty, staff, and students.