FBRI offers RedCap:
REDCap is a mature, secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Using REDCap's stream-lined process for rapidly developing projects, you may create and design projects using 1) the online method from your web browser using the Online Designer; and/or 2) the offline method by constructing a 'data dictionary' template file in Microsoft Excel, which can be later uploaded into REDCap. Both surveys and databases (or a mixture of the two) can be built using these methods.
REDCap provides automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel and common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R), as well as a built-in project calendar, a scheduling module, ad hoc reporting tools, and advanced features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields.
Learn more about REDCap by watching a brief summary video (5 min).
(More information and instructional videos can be found here.)
- Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely - Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
- Fast and flexible - Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
- Export data to common data analysis packages - Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Ad Hoc Reporting - Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Scheduling - Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link - Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
- Send files to others securely - Using 'Send-It', upload and send files to multiple recipients, including existing project documents, that are too large for email attachments or that contain sensitive data.
- Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print - Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
- Advanced features - Auto-validation, calculated fields, file uploading, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
- REDCap API - Have external applications connect to REDCap remotely in a programmatic or automated fashion.
- Data Queries - Document the process of resolving data issues using the Data Resolution Workflow module.
- Piping - Inject previously collected data values into question labels, survey invitation emails, etc. to provide a more customized experience.
If you would like assistance with RedCap or need an account, Start a conversation and let us know your needs. We will work with you to get you on your way!