NOTE: If you have a project or data storage / transfer need that involves protected data, or if you are not sure if you do, Start a Conversation with us so we can ensure you have the best resources and environment possible for your work.
Update July, 2019: There are more options being developed for this type of work and environment. Start a Conversation to learn more!
SRE is a service provided by Virginia Tech Collaborative Computing Solutions (CCS) to provision secure and compliant virtual Windows and Linux servers supporting CUI research at the Virginia Tech Data Center.
Features and Benefits
- Maintains complete regulatory and contractual compliance as a part of shared governance with the Office of Export and Secure Research Compliance (OESRC) and the researcher
- Offers a flexible and scalable virtual environment configured to meet non-HPC computational requirements
- Provides a controlled access point to securely connect to the virtual environment
- Ensures the researcher’s material is backed up consistently and securely
Who can request project access:
- Principle Investigators (PIs) of research project involving CUI data
(Important: You MUST know your Technology Control Plan (TCP) # to request service.
Please email OESRC@vt.edu if you have any questions.)