(Information obtained from zoom.us)
* If you do not already have the Zoom Client installed please use this link to:
1(a). Open your Zoom client .
1(b). Select “Sign in with SSO” and enter “virginiatech”.
2. Click on the Schedule icon.
This will open the scheduler window.
3. Select your meeting settings. Note that some of these options might not be available if they were disabled and locked to the Off position at the Account or Group level.
- Topic: Choose a topic/name for your meeting.
- Start: Select a date and time for your meeting. You can start your meeting at any time before the scheduled time.
- Duration: Choose the approximate duration of the meeting. Note that this is only for scheduling purposes. The meeting will not end after this length of time.
- Time Zone: By default, zoom will use your computer's time zone. Click on the drop down to select a different time zone.
- Recurring meeting: Choose if you would like a recurring meeting, i.e. the meeting ID will remain the same for each session.
- Host Video: Choose if you would like the host video on or off when joining the meeting. Even if you choose off, the host will have the option to start their video.
- Participant Video: Choose if you would like the participants' videos on or off when joining the meeting. Even if you choose off, the participants will have the option to start their video.
- Audio Options: choose whether to allow users to call in via Telephone Only or Computer audio or both.
- Require Meeting Password: You can select and input your meeting password here. Joining participants will be required to input this before joining your scheduled meeting.
- Purpose: This information is used by TLOS for purposes of gathering VT Zoom meeting statistics.
Advanced Options: Click on the arrow to view additional meeting options.
- Enable join before host: Allow participants to join the meeting without you or before you join. The meeting will end after 40-minutes for Basic (free) users if 3 or more people join the meeting.
- Mute Participants Upon Entry: If join before host is not enabled, this will mute all participants as they join the meeting.
- Use Personal Meeting ID: Check this if you want to use your Personal Meeting ID. If not selected, a random unique meeting ID will be generated.
- Record the meeting automatically: Check this if you want the meeting to be automatically recorded. Select if you want it to be recorded locally (to your computer) or to the cloud (video.vt.edu)
- Schedule For: If you have scheduling privilege for another user, you will be able to choose who you want to schedule for from the drop down.
- Alternative Hosts: Enter the email address of another Zoom user with a Pro license on your account to allow them to start the meeting in your absence. Read more about Alternative Host.
- Calendar: Add to any selected calendar and send out invites to participants. For example, if you choose Outlook, when you click Schedule in the next step, it will open a new appointment in Outlook with the Zoom meeting information already populated and you can simply add invitees as you would with any Calendar Appointment. IMPORTANT, see the note below regarding Outlook.
4. Click Schedule to finish, and open up the calendar you have selected.
NOTE: Choosing Other Calendars will allow you to copy and paste the scheduled meeting information such as date, time, and meeting URL into an email that you may send to invitees. Please note, there is no direct integration between Outlook and Zoom. If you change the details of a meeting in either one, you must update those same details in the other. Any changed appointments or Zoom settings (i.e. time, etc) will need to be resent to meeting participants invited via Outlook.
Add to calendar
After you are done setting up your Scheduled meeting, Click the Schedule icon at the lower right-hand side of the window.