Configuring MS Outlook (2016 and 2019) on your Mac for the first time:
- Open MS Outlook by selecting the Outlook if it is in your Dock. If it is not in your Dock, open Finder and then select Applications and find/ select Microsoft Outlook.
- In the window that appears, enter your email address: <username>@vtc.vt.edu. Select Continue.
- If a browser window appears, you can safely close it.
- Select Not Gmail? in the upper right hand corner of the Set up your email window from Outlook.
- Select Exchange from the window that appears.
- The settings should be set to the following:
- Username and Password
- Your Research Institute password
- Select Add Account and your email account will now be available in Outlook.